Sunday, May 6, 2012

Human thermostat and circle

I love object lessons! Not only did we learn about homeostasis in families, we were able to see how it would literally work within the family. When one individual gets "pulled" one way, the other family members need to adjust to make it work. I also thought that showing a brief therapy session was great. I got to see Brother Williams in his element and how things played out so well, it was like watching a cool dance or play, seeing how one thing effects another (systems). I also enjoyed the idea of reconstructing the families, putting moms and dads as equals, while focusing on the children, as it should be. Another topic of interest to me was the types of boundaries one family may have over another. I have become more aware of what some of my friends families do and what mine does (or in some cases, doesn't do). It's fun to see young children especially as well that "just know" what is expected of them. It kind of makes me wonder then if all they know is learned behaviors or born with some ideas or feelings, just enhanced later? hmmm... Whatever the case, it's fun stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment