Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Say what you mean, mean what you say

Communication! This, for whatever reason, has been deemed one of the hardest things in the human experience to do. I find this interesting because when truly focused and are prepared, we can communicate so well and so beautifully. I again, was not surprised when about half of the time the "non-verbal" is the thing to pay attention to. It's a fine line we dance on sometimes though because we don't know when and when not to, depending on the situations. I myself, talk more in a closer friend setting then I would in a public setting. But, when prompted, I am able to express myself fairly clearly. It doesn't stop there. Even if I am able to express myself, I have to know and understand how others are betraying how they feel and what their "language" is. It was nice to also learn that not all conflict is bad and when you are able to lay all your cards (both parties) on the table, it can be a wonderful time. Speak more! Plan what you are going to say! Let others know how you really feel, but do it in a way that you are still friends afterwards. And pay attention to the "bigger picture".

No comments:

Post a Comment