Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Cohabiting... friends with benefits??

The week we did cohabitation was especially difficult for me. With the exception of myself, the rest of my family has cohabited at one point in time. Everything that was talked about seemed to hit home on at least one family member. My sister, in particular, is currently cohabiting with her boyfriend in Australia. Sure, he's a "nice guy" and treats her fine, but I want so much more for her... I think, looking at the four types of catagories in cohabitation, my sister goes between an alternative to marriage and a trial cohabitor. Even though she is not LDS, I figured that if she at least got married, it would be a step in the right direction. It is hard because our mother was/is similar to that and in many cases, children follow in their parents' footsteps. It has become a "norm" for people in my family and I (interestingly enough) am the "weird" one. It has been hard to relate to them on that level, but being here at school and actually being educated in these specific topics has educated and continued to reassure that I personally am making the right decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment