Monday, June 11, 2012

Eeny, Meeny, Miny, Moe

This was yet another fun topic, especially for myself since I'm at a particular age in my life where this is important. How do each of us "pick" who we'll spend forever with? I always thought that opposites attract can work just as well as birds of a feather. I have come to learn other wise. Not saying that it wouldn't work, I know several couples that have been married 30 plus years and couldn't be more different. However, similarities seem to be a bit more easy and you're already gonna have some differences when you get married, why add on to that? I personally have taken a step back and actually think about how I portray myself and what exactly I want and what is needed in an eternal companion. The formula for intimacy was great as well and I will totally use that when I am getting to know (truly know) someone better. Three months is a great start and it is so true about patterns. Even the most reserved individuals will begin to show their "true colors" after this amount of time. I know first hand. But the more important thing here is for each of us to be the type of people we want to attract. We can't expect this really fancy dinner when we are selling cheap hamburgers. If I want great quality, I need to not only portray but we great quality myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment